What is Saint Lucia?
Saint Lucia is a sovereign island nation in the Caribbean Sea, known for its natural beauty, cultural diversity, and friendly people. It is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States and the Caribbean Community.
How can I become a citizen of Saint Lucia?
There are three main ways to obtain Saint Lucia citizenship: by birth, registration or investment. The most important of them are:
- · By investment: You can become a citizen of Saint Lucia if you are 18 years or older and make a minimum investment in the country's National Economic Fund, in an approved real estate project, or in government bonds. You must also pay fees and pass due diligence checks.
What is the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program?
The Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program is a legal and fast way to obtain a second passport and alternative citizenship in Saint Lucia by making a financial contribution to the development of the country. The program was launched in 2015 and is regulated by the Citizenship by Investment Law No. 14 of 2015.
What are the benefits of obtaining Saint Lucia citizenship?
As a citizen of Saint Lucia, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- · Travel to the Schengen Area and many other destinations, a total of more than 140 countries and regions around the world, without the need to apply for a visa.
- · Dual citizenship, which means you do not have to give up your original citizenship when obtaining Saint Lucia citizenship.
- · Zero residency requirements mean that you do not have to live in Saint Lucia before or after obtaining citizenship.
- · Tax advantages, such as lower income taxes and no capital gains, wealth or inheritance taxes.
- · Transgenerational citizenship, which means that your children and grandchildren can also become citizens of Saint Lucia by descent.
How can I apply for citizenship in Saint Lucia?
The process of applying for citizenship in Saint Lucia includes the following steps:
- · Choose a Licensed Agent: You cannot apply for Saint Lucia citizenship on your own. You must appoint a government-licensed agent to assist you with your application. A licensed agent will guide you through the process and submit your application on your behalf. Of course, there is no better agent than us!
- · Choose an investment option: You should decide on the investment option that best suits your needs and budget. You must also provide proof of funds and source of funds for your chosen investment option.
- · Prepare and submit your application: You must fill out the application forms and submit the required documents, such as birth certificate, passport, police report, tax return, bank reference letter, CV, references, and proof of investment. You must also pay the application processing fee and due diligence fee at this stage.
- · Wait for approval: Your application will be reviewed by the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU), which will conduct due diligence checks and verify your information. This may take three to six months depending on the complexity of your condition.
- · Make your investment: Once your application is approved, you will receive an approval letter from CIU. You must then make your investment within 90 days of receiving the approval letter. You must also pay an administrative fee at this stage.
- · Get your Naturalization Certificate and Passport: After you have made your investment and paid the administrative fee, you will receive your Naturalization Certificate and Passport from CIU. You can either pick it up in person or have it delivered to you by mail. Or simply contact us.
What are the investment options for citizenship in Saint Lucia?
- · National Economic Fund (NEF): This is a non-refundable donation to a fund set up by the government to finance various public projects. The minimum donation amount is $100,000 for a single applicant, and we also have offers and discounts on family reunification.
Which countries are visa-free for Saint Lucia passport holders?
Saint Lucia passport holders can travel to different countries around the world without a prior visa, depending on the duration and purpose of the visit. According to the Henley Passport Index, as of 19 July 2022, Saint Lucia passport holders had visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 142 countries and territories, ranking Saint Lucia passport 33rd in the world for freedom of travel.
Can someone with a Saint Lucia passport work in Europe?
The answer depends on the type and duration of work, as well as the specific country or region in Europe. In general, the following rules apply:
- · For short-term work (up to 90 days) in the Schengen Area, made up of 26 European countries that have abolished internal border controls, Saint Lucia passport holders do not need a visa, but will need ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorization System) from 2024. ETIAS It is an online travel authorization that will be required for visa-exempt citizens to enter the Schengen Area for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes. The ETIAS will be valid for three years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first, and will allow multiple entries of up to 90 days within a 180-day period.
- · For long-term work (more than 90 days) in the Schengen Area, Saint Lucia passport holders will need a work visa and work permit from the relevant country in which they wish to work. Requirements and procedures for obtaining a work visa and work permit vary depending on the country, sector, profession and qualifications of the applicant. Some countries may have special agreements or programs for certain categories of workers, such as seasonal workers, highly skilled workers, researchers, students, or entrepreneurs.
- · To work in other European countries that are not part of the Schengen Area, such as the United Kingdom, Ireland, Bulgaria, Romania, Cyprus or Croatia, Saint Lucia passport holders will need to check the visa and work permit requirements of each country individually. Some countries may have different visa policies or exemptions for certain citizens or travel purposes.
Therefore, Saint Lucians cannot work in Europe with ETIAS. However, Saint Lucian citizens who want to work in Europe may find ETIAS useful to visit countries in the Schengen Area and see if they meet their needs and expectations before moving there. Alternatively, they can apply for a work visa and work permit from the country in which they wish to work, according to the specific rules and regulations of that country.
How long are Saint Lucia passports valid for?
The passport issued has a validity period of 10 years after which it can be reissued.
What documents are required for Saint Lucia?
It usually takes one to two months in your home country to arrange these documents. There will be other paperwork required later, and Masa Immigration will assist you accordingly.
- If you have resided in another country in the past 10 years, you must obtain a “Certificate of No Criminal Record” in each of those countries. If you are in the United States, you will need to obtain a police clearance from the county and the FBI.
- Please keep in mind that police certificates must be less than six months old when you submit your citizenship application.
- Each person must have two original birth certificates.
- Documents in languages other than English must be legally translated.
- Medical certificate of HIV clearance (no more than 3 months old).
- A certified copy of the marriage certificate.
- Two letters of recommendation from bankers, lawyers and chartered accountants (no more than 3 months old).